BREAKER TECHNOLOGY Ltd. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of high quality rock breaking systems, hydraulic attachments and underground mobile equipment for the mining, construction and aggregate industries worldwide. Our company has been in business at the same location for 60 years and we attribute our success to our people.
Safety, quality and productivity is the cornerstone of our longevity; in that order.
The Preferred Candidate Will Have:
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting a safe work environment
- A post-secondary education in a business-related discipline
- A CPA designation is required
- 3+ years’ experience in financial reporting and analysis preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Sound knowledge Microsoft Office products and financial reporting software in and ERP environment is preferred
The Position responsibilities include:
- Support and promote company health and safety initiatives
- Prepare month-end financial statements i.e. actuals, forecast summaries, profitability reports and analysis, capital sales, cost of sales reports, etc.
- Prepare all tax reports including annual income tax packages and transfer pricing documentation for both the Canada and United States
- Prepare and submit sales tax reports for multiple jurisdictions
- Assist with daily invoicing requirements and other day-to-day accounting issues
- Conduct analysis of various financial reports to identify discrepancies, trends, etc.
- Assist with prioritizing work within the accounting department
- Help identify areas for efficiency within the department
- Work within expected company standards regarding ethics, safety, quality / ISO and environmental matters
BTI offers an excellent work environment that promotes teamwork and a positive work / life balance. Our company offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Flexible work schedule
- Overtime after 40 hours
- 3 personal floater days
- Paid vacation program
- Prescription drug card
- Extended health care including physiotherapy, chiropractor, and massage therapy
- Eye exams and prescription eyewear
- Generous dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short and long term disability programs
- AD&D, Life Insurance
- An excellent company paid Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid safety equipment and safety incentive program
- Profit sharing
- Company paid training programs and a generous education assistance program
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Our company is located in Thornbury, Ontario 22 kilometers west of Collingwood in the heart of the Georgian Triangle, Ontario’s premier 4 seasons resort area.