BREAKER TECHNOLOGY Ltd. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of high quality rock breaking systems, hydraulic attachments and underground mobile equipment for the mining, construction and aggregate industries worldwide. Our company has been in business at the same location for 60 years and we attribute our success to our people.
Safety, quality and productivity are the cornerstones of our longevity; in that order.
In developing competitive products for the global market, we are currently seeking:
Mechanical Engineering Designer
The preferred candidate will have:
- A strong commitment to working safely and the willingness to actively participate in our health and safety programs,
- A post-secondary degree or diploma as a graduate mechanical engineer / technologist with five plus years previous experience in the design of heavy equipment - preferably in construction attachments, hydraulic boom systems, or underground mining equipment,
- Previous experience with 3D solid modeling software, preferably Solidworks,
- Knowledge of electric and computer controlled hydraulic systems, heavy weldment design for dynamic loading and associated design of connections for heavy equipment is an asset.
The position responsibilities include:
- Design of construction, aggregate processing and mining equipment,
- Modification of existing equipment designs to suit specific customer applications,
- Specify and assist with vendor selection of hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical components for new and existing product,
- Design heavy weldments from plate profiles and sections appropriate for dynamically loaded structures,
- Analyze weldments for strength and fatigue life using appropriate engineering principles and calculations, and finite element analysis tools,
- Ensure designs are suitable for manufacture, and drawings provide appropriate information to ensure correct fit and finish,
- Maintain accurate Bills of Material and Part Information,
- Assist with development activities for new products,
- Develop sales and manufacturing drawings to specifications,
- Provide technical support to manufacturing during the product build cycle,
- Provide technical support to after sales service teams,
- Participate in product improvement teams and initiatives.
BTI offers an excellent work environment that promotes teamwork and a positive work / life balance. Our company offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Flexible work schedule,
- Overtime after 40 hours,
- 3 personal floater days,
- Paid vacation program,
- Prescription drug card,
- Extended health care including physiotherapy, chiropractor, and massage therapy,
- Eye exams and prescription eyeware,
- Generous dental benefits,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
- Short and long term disability programs,
- AD&D, Life Insurance,
- An excellent company paid Registered Retirement Savings Plan,
- Paid safety equipment and safety incentive program,
- Profit sharing,
- Company paid training programs and a generous education assistance program.
This position is based out of our Thornbury Ontario location which is located 22 kilometers west of Collingwood in one of Ontario’s premier four season recreational areas. If you feel you are qualified for this position, please forward your resume to:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.