BREAKER TECHNOLOGY Ltd. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of high quality rock breaking systems, hydraulic attachments and underground mobile equipment for the mining, construction and aggregate industries worldwide. Our company has been in business at the same location for 60 years and we attribute our success to our people.
Safety, quality and productivity is the cornerstone of our longevity; in that order.
In developing competitive products for the global market, we are currently seeking:
The position responsibilities include:
- Assessing the workspace and work required to ensure the work is performed in the safest manner possible
- Set up welding equipment according to established weld procedures
- Fit and tack components to engineering drawing specifications and work instructions
- Weld components using MCAW (metal core), FCAW (fluxcore) and / or SAW (submerged arc) welding processes
- Operate material handling devices such as cranes, positioners and lift trucks in a safe manner
- Safely operate hand tools such as needle guns and grinders
- Participate in workplace improvement initiatives
- 3M Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) weld helmetsto eliminate exposure to weld fume and smoke, and provide cooling while welding
- All safety equipment including uniforms / coveralls, prescription safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, and work gloves
- A generous safety boot allowance of $210.00 per year
- All safety training and certifications
- All company tools
- Paid technical training / upgrading (ToolingU)
- Paid Workplace improvement suggestion program
- Drug prescription card
- Supplementary health benefits such as massage, chiropractor, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, counselling services, naturopath, etc.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Eye exams and prescription eyeware
- Generous dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Out of Country Health Coverage
- Semi-private hospital room
- Life insurance, A D & D
- Paid safety incentive program
- Company paid sick / floater days
- Short term disability program
- Long term disability benefits
- Generous company paid Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Profit sharing program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- A strong commitment to working safely and the willingness to actively participate in our health safety programs
- The ability to read and understand blue prints, including weld symbols and procedure data sheets
- Qualifies for or holds a valid certification from the Canadian Welding Bureau
- The ability to use a variety of measuring devices such as tape measures, verniers, calipers
- Previous experience or certification using lifting material handling devices using cranes and lift trucks
- The ability to perform math calculations to an SSGD level
Qualified candidates will earn an hourly rate ranging from $25.73 /hr. to 28.32/hr. ($29.03 / hr. in 2020). Afternoon shift premiums are $1.35 / hr.
email@example.com and quote the job name Accounts Receivable / Collections or send your resume to:
Breaker Technology, Ltd.
P.O. Box 130, 35 Elgin St.,
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.