BREAKER TECHNOLOGY Ltd. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of high quality rock breaking systems, hydraulic attachments and underground mobile equipment for the mining, construction and aggregate industries worldwide. Our company has been in business at the same location for 60 years and we attribute our success to our people.
Safety, quality and productivity is the cornerstone of our longevity; in that order.
In developing competitive products for the global market, we are currently seeking:
The position responsibilities include:
- Assessing the workspace and work required to ensure the work is performed in the safest manner possible,
- Operate a wide variety of machines including conventional machines, CNC lathes and mills, boring mill, finish grinder, drills and saws without supervision
- Set up machines in order to machine parts to engineering specifications
- Use a variety of measuring devices such as verniers and micrometers to ensure the part is within acceptable tolerance as determined by the engineering drawing,
- Work from a basic program on CNC machines and make the necessary edits to conform to drawing specifications,
- Assist manufacturing engineering with parts programming for machining centres.
- Perform other manual machining operations such as tapping, grinding and honing in order to machine the part to acceptable standards.
- Perform basic machine preventive maintenance from time to time.
- Operate material handling devices such as cranes and lift trucks in a safe manner,
- Safely operate hand tools such as buffers and grinders ,
- Participate in workplace improvement initiatives.
The following company paid work benefits are provided :
- All safety equipment including uniforms / coveralls, prescription safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, and work gloves,
- A generous safety boot allowance of $210.00 per year,
- All safety training and certifications,
- All company tools,
Paid Workplace improvement suggestion program
The following health benefits for employees and dependents are company paid:
- Drug prescription card,
- Supplementary health benefits such as massage, chiropractor, physiotherapy, counselling services, naturopath, etc.
- Eye exams and prescription eyeware,
- Generous dental benefits,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life insurance, A D & D,
The preferred candidate will have:
- A strong commitment to working safely and the willingness to actively participate in our health safety programs,
- An Ontario Certificate of Qualification as a Machinist, Tool and Die Maker or equivalent,
- 2nd or 3rd year apprentices may qualify depending on experience,
- 3 + years of experience in a machine shop or similar manufacturing environment,
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings, work instructions and procedures in order to manufacture machined parts.
- The ability to use a variety of measuring devices such as tape measures, verniers, and calipers,
- The ability to perform math calculations to an SSGD level
Previous experience or certification using material handling devices using cranes and lift trucks,
Qualified candidates will earn an hourly rate ranging from $25.97 /hr. to 28.32/hr. depending on experience. Afternoon shift premiums are $1.35 / hr.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Our company is located in Thornbury, Ontario 22 kilometers west of Collingwood in the heart of the Georgian Triangle, Ontario’s premier 4 seasons resort area.
If you feel you could make a contribution to the success of our organization and make a commitment to working in a manner that promotes safety in everything we do, please send, fax or email your resume to: