BREAKER TECHNOLOGY Ltd. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of high quality rock breaking systems, hydraulic attachments and underground mobile equipment for the mining, construction and aggregate industries worldwide. Our company has been in business at the same location for 60 years and we attribute our success to our people.
- Assessing the workspace and work required to ensure the work is performed in the safest manner possible
- Read and understand engineering drawings and component specifications in order to recognize parts and part specifications for assembly
- Assemble and install mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components per work instructions
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic systems with assistance from engineering/service personnel
- Perform basic tests on installed components to ensure they meet the appropriate standards
- Communicate regularly with Engineering and Manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate company and regulatory standards are met
- Operate material handling devices such as cranes and lift trucks in a safe manner
- Participate in workplace improvement initiatives
- All safety equipment including uniforms / coveralls, prescription safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, and work gloves
- A generous safety boot allowance of $210.00 per year
- All safety training and certifications
- All company tools
- Paid technical training / upgrading (ToolingU)
- Paid Workplace improvement suggestion program
- Drug prescription card
- Supplementary health benefits such as massage, chiropractor, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, counselling services, naturopath, etc.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Eye exams and prescription eyeware
- Generous dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Out of Country Health Coverage
- Semi-private hospital room
- Life insurance, A D & D
- Company paid sick / floater days
- Short term disability program
- Long term disability benefits
- Generous company paid Registered Retirement Savings Plan up to 8%
- Profit sharing program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- A strong commitment to working safely and the willingness to actively participate in our health and safety programs
- A recognized Certificate of Qualification from a registered apprenticeship as an electrician OR a recognized electrical related course of study; i.e. Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering / Control Systems Technologist / Technician
- A working knowledge of hydraulic systems
- The ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and component specification information
- The ability to perform math calculations to an SSGD level
- Previous experience or certification using material handling devices using cranes and lift trucks
Qualified candidates will earn an hourly rate ranging from $25.43 /hr. to 28.32/hr. ($29.03 / hr. in 2020) depending on experience. Afternoon shift premiums are $1.35 / hr.
Our company is located in Thornbury, Ontario 22 kilometers west of Collingwood in the heart of the Georgian Triangle, Ontario’s premier 4 seasons resort area.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please forward your resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job name Accounts Receivable / Collections or send your resume to:
Breaker Technology, Ltd.
P.O. Box 130, 35 Elgin St.,
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.