BREAKER TECHNOLOGY Ltd. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of high quality rock breaking systems, hydraulic attachments and underground mobile equipment for the mining, construction and aggregate industries worldwide. Our company has been in business at the same location for 60 years and we attribute our success to our people.
Safety, quality and productivity is the cornerstone of our longevity; in that order.
In developing competitive products for the global market, we are currently seeking:
HEAVY EQUIPMENT ASSEMBLERS
The position responsibilities include:
- Assessing the workspace and work required to ensure the work is performed in the safest manner possible,
- Read and understand engineering drawings and component specifications in order to recognize parts and part specifications for assembly,
- Assemble and install mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components per work instructions,
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic systems with assistance from engineering/service personnel,
- Perform basic tests on installed components to ensure they meet the appropriate standards.
- Operate material handling devices such as cranes and lift trucks in a safe manner,
- Participate in workplace improvement initiatives.
The following company paid work benefits are provided:
- All safety equipment including uniforms / coveralls, prescription safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, and work gloves,
- A generous safety boot allowance of $210.00 per year,
- All safety training and certifications,
- All company tools,
- Paid Workplace improvement suggestion program
The following health benefits for employees and dependents are company paid:
- Drug prescription card,
- Supplementary health benefits such as massage, chiropractor, physiotherapy, counselling services, naturopath, etc.
- Eye exams and prescription eyeware,
- Generous dental benefits,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life insurance, A D & D
The company also provides:
- Paid safety incentive program,
- Company paid sick / floater days,
- Short term disability program,
- Long term disability benefits,
- Generous company paid Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
- Profit sharing program,
- Education Reimbursement Program
The preferred candidate will have:
- A strong commitment to working safely and the willingness to actively participate in our health safety programs,
- A recognized Certificate of Qualification from a registered apprenticeship or recognized technical course; i.e. Engineering, Electrician, Mechanic or Millwright,
- Previous experience in heavy equipment repair or assembly,
- The ability to read and interpret blue prints,
- A strong mechanical aptitude,
- The ability to perform math calculations to an SSGD level,
- Previous experience or certification using material handling devices using cranes and lift trucks.
Qualified candidates will earn an hourly rate ranging from $19.87 /hr. to 28.32/hr depending on experience. Afternoon shift premiums are $1.35 / hr.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Our company is located in Thornbury, Ontario 22 kilometers west of Collingwood in the heart of the Georgian Triangle, Ontario’s premier 4 seasons resort area.
If you feel you could make a contribution to the success of our organization and make a commitment to working in a manner that promotes safety in everything we do, please send, fax or email your resume to:
Breaker Technology, Ltd.
P.O. Box 130, 35 Elgin St.,
Thornbury, Ontario N0H 2P0
Attn: Human Resources
Feel free to visit our web site at www.rockbreaker.com