BREAKER TECHNOLOGY Ltd. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of high quality rock breaking systems, hydraulic attachments and underground mobile equipment for the mining, construction and aggregate industries worldwide. Our company has been in business at the same location for 60 years and we attribute our success to our people.
Safety, quality and productivity is the cornerstone of our longevity; in that order.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Support and promote company health and safety initiatives
- Implement Continuous Improvement System via Lean and Quality to support the development and deployment of the future state design and sustainable enterprise-wide improvement processes
- Develop and deploy an effective measurement and reporting system for strategic alignment and focus
- Interact and communicate with all managers, associates, suppliers and customers to help establish Lean values and a complete Quality culture.
- Enhance and support the Sales & Operations Planning process by ensuring Value Stream clarity, effective
metrics and defined demand takt time
- Reduce Value Stream cycle times to continually enhance agility through waste elimination & process flow improvements throughout the organization
- Lead the transition from MRP-based push manufacturing methodology to Lean-based pull manufacturing methodology with visual controls.
- Establish and maintain companywide process documentation system to promote standard work and process integrity.
- Ensure end-to-end application of Lean and Quality principles and practices; from New Product Development to Service and Support.
- Lead Kaizen Events, 5S, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, Theory of Constraints Projects, TPM, OEE, Set-up Reduction, Defect Prevention, Leadership Development and other CI efforts
- Coordinate Lean training and development activities of all associates and grow Lean Champions and Kaizen Leaders
- Coordinate Lean monthly management review meeting and participate in monthly/quarterly/annual corporate led Lean meetings.
- Develop, maintain and further refine a Quality Management System that is focused on prevention and efficiency in all functions of the Company.
- Establish and maintain the Company Quality Manual to keep current with ongoing organizational needs, including ISO-9000 compliance where appropriate.
- Implement ‘built-in quality’ or ‘quality at the source’ - meet with suppliers, customers, quality representatives, and Company personnel to discuss and resolve issues as required.
- Work with Purchasing to improve and maintain Supplier performance; develop and maintain a Supplier Performance Index to assure that only capable suppliers are retained.
- Prepare for and represent the Company during any quality audits.
- Executes internal Sarbanes-Oxley control responsibilities with diligence and integrity. These internal control responsibilities are communicated to the person fulfilling this position, and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to performance of internal control responsibilities.
The Preferred Candidate Will Have:
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting a safe work environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or closely related degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Continuous Improvement role within a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in leading a Lean transformation in a manufacturing environment. Green Belt certification is preferred
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
- Conceptual Thinking - ability to think in terms of abstract ideas
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP and other applicable programs.
- Must have a win-win mentality & the ability to overcome obstacles, both technical & non-technical.
- Requires steady energy and focused planning and organizing skills.
- Strong facilitation & training skills needed to deliver Quality and Lean Manufacturing concepts, principles & practices.
- Ability to work well with others. Must have strong team-building skills and be successful in facilitating team-based initiatives.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, business process improvement knowledge, and ability to train others with diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Ability to perform work in a heavy industrial setting
BTI offers an excellent work environment that promotes teamwork and a positive work / life balance. Our company offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Flexible work schedule
- Overtime after 40 hours
- 3 personal floater days
- Paid vacation program
- Prescription drug card
- Extended health care including physiotherapy, chiropractor, and massage therapy
- Eye exams and prescription eyewear
- Generous dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short and long term disability programs
- AD&D, Life Insurance
- An excellent company paid Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid safety equipment and safety incentive program
- Profit sharing
- Company paid training programs and a generous education assistance program
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Our company is located in Thornbury, Ontario 22 kilometers west of Collingwood in the heart of the Georgian Triangle, Ontario’s premier 4 seasons resort area.